This 40-acre farmstead with trails leading through a 10-acre prairie restoration project sits on a hilltop, with a view of the state capital, just east of Waunakee. The original farmhouse and barn built by Henry Schumacher in 1908 are accompanied by outbuildings of the same era, donated to the park from local farms.
Volunteers tend the chickens and harvest the heirloom garden. They also coordinate antique farming demonstrations for workshops and public events.
This beautiful piece of land was gifted to the Dane County Parks Commission in 1978 by Marcella Schumacher Pendall, the only child of Henry Schumacher. She was born on the property, traveled the world, and returned home to teach Spanish and Ancient History at Waunakee high school for thirty years.Learn More
Our mission is to provide a living history museum from the 1920s - 1930s Depression-era that offers a representation of Dane County's heritage through preservation, restoration, education and nature conservation.
Recycle and create
Weave your own rag rug
Saturday, Sept 26 & Sunday, Oct 4 - SOLD OUT!